Oklahoma Misery Observatory
consequences of the cruel and merciless social
darwinist culture of death ideology that rules
This page is
an indictment of Oklahoma politicians who substitute
public ideological masturbation for good governance.
Dedicated to the victims of decades of corrupt and
incompetent government in Oklahoma. Indicates latest additions.
- 2nd worst state to live in. CNBC
- #1 in the nation for uninsured motorists. Most
expensive auto insurance rates. Newschannel
- #50 in the
nation for overall health care issues. #48 in the
nation for access and affordability of health care.
#49 in the nation for equity in health care. Tulsa
- 48th in the nation for visits to dentists -- 43%
of Oklahomans did not visit a dentist last year.
- # 6 in the nation for percentage of workers earning
minimum wage. (6%)
- 2nd highest "percentage of adults with mental illness
(21.88%) Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Services Administration, reported in the Oklahoma
- #5 in the nation for income inequality. 1970 - date. .
. incomes for the wealthiest 20% of Oklahomans
grew 64%, while those of the middle fifth grew 16%, and
incomes of the poorest fifth grew 5%. Between 1998 and
2007, the incomes of the richest 20% of Oklahomans grew
7.7%, while the incomes of the middle fifth were
stagnant – and the incomes of the poorest fifth fell by
- Teen Birth Rate.
Oklahoma's teen birth rate is #2 in the nation for
births in the 15-19 age group. Oklahoma is #1 in
the nation for births in the 18-19 age group. We
are #3 in the nation for births in the 15-17 age
- 70% of Oklahoma young men, ages 17 to 24, can't pass
the military entrance exams. (KFOR, 6/5/2014)