Why President Clinton is in danger of impeachment
Return to Justpeace Front Page
The controversy swirls, ebbs, and flows. Everybody obsesses on Monica-gate and partisan
maneuvering. But spiritually, neither politics nor Monica-gate explains what is happening.
The Bible clearly states that all who oppress the poor will be punished. In the Magnificat, Mary
sings of God casting down the mighty from their thrones and scattering the innocent. Thus, on
behalf of his victims, many of whom are dead and cannot speak for themselves, I present a Bill of
Impeachment against President William Jefferson Clinton for High Crimes and Misdeameanors
committed against the poor. All who sow in furrows of injustice will reap a seven-fold harvest.
But what about the Republicans? Aren't they self-righteous hypocrites? None of these crimes against the poor are mentioned in their bill. All this is true, but the crimes of the Republicans should not blind us to the crimes of President Clinton against the poor. The Republicans in Congress deserve impeachment also, because they share in the responsibility for all of these crimes against the poor. The entire political and economic leadership of the country are moral sociopaths! It seems likely to me, however, that they will get their just punishment in due time. What goes around always comes around. They are locked in a negative cycle of dysergy that has cannibalism as its basic growth engine. It is quite likely that this impeachment event will be the death knell of the Republican Party in Congress, and that too would be a good thing. Sometimes people do the right thing for the wrong reasons, but it remains a right thing that is done. The Babylonians weren't particularly good neighbors either, but God used them to humble the proud and arrogant of Israel who persecuted the poor. God truly is the one who casts down the mighty from their thrones and scatters the proud!
For the sake of profit many sin, and the struggle for wealth blinds the eyes. Sirach 27:1 He
who oppresses the poor blasphemes his Maker. Proverbs 14:31a Envy not the lawless man
and choose none of his ways. Proverbs 3:31
A Bill of Impeachment Against President William Jefferson Clinton for High Crimes and Misdemeanors Against the Poor
1. He has enthusiastically supported welfare "reform" that has excluded hundreds of thousands
from poor people (especially the poorest of the poor, the homeless) from the food stamp
program, dropped other thousands from the disability program, and is characterized by numerous
policies rooted in junk science (e.g. time limits and "life limits" on receiving welfare). He
preached a crusade of lies and demonization against the poor to get elected, and has continued to
preach such lies while in office.
2. When running for office in 1992, he condemned the policy of repatriating Haitian refugees
and promised that he would end this depraved practice. When in office, he reneged on this
pledged, and continued to send Haitian refugees back to their country, where many were
immediately imprisoned, tortured, and murdered by the secret police.
3. He has profited from great corruption. He supports corporate welfare and other "pork"
spending, without a single word of condemnation or any effort from his administration to
eliminate these fiscal problems. He signed legislation mandating that all tax cuts had to be
balanced with cuts in entitlement spending for the poor, thus enacting a structure of sin that
transfers resources from the poor to the rich. His true masters are the trans-national corporations,
whose interests are of much greater importance to his administration than the interests and needs
of the poor.
4. He continues the depraved policy formulated by President Bush regarding sanctions against
Iraq, and thus is guilty of complicity (with Saddam) in the deaths of MORE THAN ONE
MILLION Iraqi citizens, most of whom were the poor, many of whom were children.
5. He has launched attacks on foreign countries that have not attacked the United States, thus
putting US citizens and others at great risk for retaliation.
6. He is directly involved with suppressing domestic dissent to his murderous policies. His State Department has just levied penalties -- without any trial or hearing -- against Voices in the Wilderness for taking medicine to Iraq and for bringing back factual evidence (in the form of video and audio tapes) of United States crimes against the poor in Iraq. These tapes have been seized by the Clinton Administration and his appointees refuse to allow the public or news organizations to view this evidence.
A MESSAGE TO PRESIDENT CLINTON:
Sow not in the furrows of injustice, lest you harvest it sevenfold. Sirach 7:3